Friday, May 10, 2013

Favorite TV-shows that were books first!

There are lots of TV-show that are based on books. In this blogpost you can read which ones I like most. The list is based on what I think of the show, and not the books, because I haven't read all of them.


7. Pretty Little Liars
The TV-show is loosely based on the books by Sara Shepard. In the show, four girls start receiving strange messages from someone named "A," exactly a year after the leader of their group, Alison, went missing. This person is threatening to expose their secrets, and after finding out that Alison is dead, they realise there is someone else out there who knows their dirty secrets.

I've read the first three books of this series and I've seen ten episodes so far. It's been a while and I liked the TV-show so I don't really know why I've never watched the other episodes. The books weren't bad either but I actually prefer the TV-show.

6. The Secret Circle
In this TV-show, based on the book series written by L.J. Smith, Cassie moves to Chance Harbor and finds out that she's a witch and soon joins a secret coven with five other young witches.

I haven't read the books of this one, but I have seen a few episodes of the show. I like it, but if I have to be honest, I can also understand why it got cancelled after one season.

5. Gossip Girl
Cecily von Ziegesar wrote this series about the Upper East Side it-girl Serena van der Woodsen who just returned from a boarding school in Connecticut. Blair Waldorf is her enemy/best friend and also the queen bee of the Constance Billard School's scene. And then we have the bad boy, Chuck, the golden boy, Nate, and the underdog, Dan.

I loved the first three seasons of this show. After that I stopped watching because it got kind of boring and repetitive. When the series ended I watched the last episode because I had to find out who Gossip Girl was, of course. One day I will watch the other three seasons, but for now there are lot's of other awesome series to keep me busy.


4. The Walking Dead
This TV-show is based on a comic book series by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard. The Walking Dead is about a sheriff who wakes up from a coma and finds out the world is dominated by zombie's. Eventually a group of other people find him and together they try to survive and not be eaten by "walkers."

Before watching The Walking Dead I never really liked zombie's, but on a very boring evening I decided to give this TV-show a try. And what do you know, I was addicted after one episode!

3. Rizzoli & Isles
It's based on the books by Tess Gerritsen. Jane Rizzoli is a detective who works with her friend Maura Isles, a medical examiner, to solve murders.

I've only read part of the first book, but it was so different than the tv-show. All dark and gloomy and the characters weren't like in the TV-show at all. What I like most about this series is the humor. Especially in the third season, Rizzoli & Isles cracked me up. I didn't find that in the books so I'm just gonna stick with the TV-show instead of the books.

2. The Vampire Diaries
Over twenty years ago, L.J. Smith wrote this book series about Elena Gilbert and her love triangle with vampire-brothers, Stefan and Damon Salvatore. In 2009 the TV-show premiered and in the same year Smith came out with a fifth novel, after a long hiatus from writing. In total, Smith wrote seven books and after that a ghost writer took over.

I love the TV-show, as you can see from my most recent Wishlist Wednesday, I'm a big Damon Salvatore fan. I've also read five of the books. Now, the first four were great, but I think L.J. Smith shouldn't have published more VD books after she sold the rights for the TV-show. In my opinion the fifth book was really bad and it gave me the feeling Smith just wrote it to profit from the TV-show.

1. Bones 
This show, very loosely based on the books by Kathy Reichs, is about forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan and FBI agent Seeley Booth. Together with Dr. Brennan's team they try to solve murders by examining the human remains.

In my opinion, Bones is one of the best shows on TV these days. I love all of the characters and Brennan and Booth's bickering cracks me up every episode. I haven't read the books because I'm afraid they won't be as funny as the TV-show and the humor is one of the best parts of the show.

1 comment:

  1. I read the books of bones and they don't look the same. They are complete different

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...