Today, instead of a new edition of Filling Up The Weekend; I found this 3 things tag on a dutch book blog: Craving Pages. There are a lot of different versions of it, like; beauty, fashion, lifestyle and so on. I thought it was a pretty cool thing to do so I translated it to English and here it is!
3 favorite stand-alone books
- Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Now technically this isn’t a stand-alone book, but because you can easily read it without reading the other ones, I think I’m allowed to put this here.
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. So tragic and yet so beautiful.
- Easy by Tammara Webber. This book is so good! If you haven’t read it yet, you should check out my review. It’s an awesome New Adult novel.
3 favorite series
- Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. Probably my favorite series of all time. Ward can keep writing about the brothers forever, as far as I’m concerned.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I can reread these books a hundred times and still not get tired of them.
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I can’t put into words how much I love The Host. It’s torture waiting for the second book, but I know it’s gonna be worth it.
3 favorite genres
- Paranormal Romance
- New Adult
- Chick lit
3 favorite heroines
- Katy (Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout) She’s sassy, cheeky and super funny. And she loves books and has her own blog. What’s not to like about that?
- Katniss (The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins) Basically, Katniss is the ultimate heroine. If you’ve read The Hunger Games you’ll probably agree with me on this.
- Georgina (Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead) She’s a badass succubus with a great sense of humor. Never got tired of reading about her life. Still sad the series is over.
3 favorite heroes
- Vishous (Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward) From the moment I started the BDB series I was intrigued by V. Imagine my joy when I discovered the fifth book in the series was about him!
- Dimitri (Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead) Gorgeous Russian Dhampir who can kick everyone’s ass. And no to mention very sexy.
- Ian (The Host series by Stephenie Meyer) I love how he’s one of the first persons who starts treating Wanda like an actual person instead of an “it”.
3 favorite villains
- Loki (Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep) The way Estep describes Loki is super creepy. I can just imagine him walking around with half a face. Ew!
- Voldemort (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling) I don’t think this needs any kind of explanation.
- The Strigoi (Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead) I don’t get scared of fictional characters easily but these beings are seriously scary!
3 things you use as a bookmark, when you can’t reach your normal bookmark
- A piece of paper I ripped of the first thing that I could find.
- My phone. Which works perfectly fine until I start panicking because my phone is missing..
- The tablecloth. I have one on the table next to my bed. So it’s very convenient to use that as a bookmark.
3 places where you keep your books
- Under my desk. I don’t have actual bookshelves, which is ironic considering the name of this blog, so I keep a lot of them in piles underneath my desk.
- The table next to my bed. I don’t have a real nightstand, just a big table that’s between me and my sisters bed so we can each use one side of it as a nightstand.
- On top of my closet. Again, the result of not having any bookshelves..
3 books you read last
- Alien Mate by Eve Langlais, silly sci-fi love story (18+)
- The Temptation by Alisa Valdes, you can read the review here
- Lover at Last by J.R. Ward, the 11th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series
3 favorite physical bookstores
- Barnes & Noble everywhere. The first thing I thought when I entered this bookstore for the first time in my life (which was last October) was: I’m in paradise!
- Strand bookstore in Manhattan. Huge bookstore with great deals.
- Waterstones in Amsterdam. My favorite place for English books in the Netherlands. Kind of pricy but I love the store.
3 favorite online bookstores
- Bookdepository.com Very cheap and they have everything.
- Amazon.com If you have a kindle, amazon is great because it has lots of free books every day.
- Barnesandnoble.com Everything I buy is from the two websites above, but just like in the physical store, I also love to browse their website.
3 favorite websites
3 books you wish you'd never read
- Daisy Dooley Does Divorce by Anna Pasternak. So. Freaking. Boring.
- Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries) by L.J. Smith. This book is the reason I stopped reading the Vampire Diaries books. Super weird book. Made no sense whatsoever.
- This Charming Man by Marian Keyes. This book has four heroines and each of them has their own storyline. It was just too confusing for me. Sad I wasted time on this book.
3 authors you love
- Richelle Mead
- Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- J.R. Ward
3 favorite book blogs, besides your own
Feel free to use this 3 things tag for your own blog. Although I would like it if you'd post a link to this blog with it. And I'd love to read your 3 things tag, so let me know when you made one!