Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Wishlist Wednesday (10)

During my last few weeks in New York, it was strictly forbidden for me to buy more books, because I'd already bought a LOT and books aren't exactly light. I even had to leave a few behind because my suitcases were completely full and already slightly too heavy. So when I moved back home last week, my mind was immediately thinking: YAY! Now I can buy books again!! Fortunately I came to my senses when I saw all the books I have in my room, that I still have to read. (The sight of all those piles of books will make anyone come to their senses, believe me) But before my brain caught up with me, I'd already thought of a few books I was gonna order first. Keep reading if you want to know which books I was thinking of.


After reading the Dutch translation of the first book in this series, I knew I had to read the second one in English. (I'm not really a big fan of Dutch translations) The reason why I want to read this book so soon is because I love, love, love the Dutch publisher of this book. They're always so enthusiastic about their books, which makes me want to read all of them. I just hope they don't mind I'm gonna read the original version, and not the one they've published.

There's something you should know about me and this series. I thought there were only gonna be four books. Back in september I was just looking around on Goodreads, and discovered there was a fifth book, and in october there was a sixth book coming out. This might give you an idea on how I felt about that discovery:

Last month my reaction was similar when I found out there was a seventh book. Even though the first four books were obviously better than their sequels, this series remains one of my absolute favorites. I can never reread it enough.

I have to be honest with you, I'm gonna read this book in Dutch. As you've read above, I normally don't like to read Dutch translations, but the first book was so complex, that I immediately knew that I would never be able to read it if it weren't in Dutch. I'm kind of sad about that, but I want to understand every single word of this book, and with all the complicated terms that's gonna be hard when it's in english. 

One of the most badass series. I wish more people would write about demons! This fourth and final book has been calling my name for months, so I don't know how long I'm gonna be able to keep ignoring it... And btw, don't you just love the cover, with all the pretty colors?



I have to admit, writing this blog post made my fingers itch. I know I can't postpone ordering these books for long. They're all so awesome. I NEED THEM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...