Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Favorite Quotes (1)

In this segment of my blog you can read my favorite quotes from the books I've read in the past few weeks.

"So when do we get to the junk-kicking?" Erin asked. Don shook his head and sighed. "I swear, there's one in every class. Kicks will be next time." He pointed at her. "And I'm makin' sure you're in Lucas's line for that."
She put on her innocent face. "Don't y'all wear padded Michelin-man suits?"
"Yes... but those pads don't block all feeling."
"Heh-heh," Erin said, and Don quirked one eyebrow at her.
- Easy by Tammara Webber

"Maybe they’re getting some bow-chicka-pow-wow."
I looked at him. "Ew. "He flashed his teeth. "She’s definitely not my type." His gaze dropped to my lips, and parts of me quivered in response to the heat in his gaze. "But now I totally have that on my mind." I was breathless. "You’re a dog."
"If you pet me, I’ll—"
"Don’t even finish that sentence," I said, fighting a grin.
- Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I grabbed a bookmark of the coffee table and shoved it in the book. Dog-eared pages were Antichrist of booklovers everywhere.
- Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

She shook her head, then took off again, and I found myself struggling to keep up with her in my bunny slippers. With a sigh, I realized I was getting way too much excercise. I'd just have to counteract it later with cake.
- Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones

In the year since she'd moved into the farmhouse, he was the first man she'd invited into her home.
Carter groaned.
Why did she have to pick him? Why couldn't it have been someone more run-off-the-mill? An exterminator. A plumber.
An extraterrestrial, for Chrissakes.
- Heart of Gold by Jessica Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...